Submitted: 03-12-2007 by RickC

I was interested in a lighter tandem kayak that was an sot which I could easily load/unload by myself and which handled well solo on the water. My initial lake trip was disappointing as the molded in handles are of no use when loading the boat by yourself. You are left to balance the boat overhead or use the safety lines which then become stretched out. On the water, I had to lean forward to make the bow sit in the water (I am 6' 230#) which caused it to track poorly. I hope that gear or a fellow paddler solves this problem. I wear a 32" long pant and if any longer I would have had difficulty stretching my legs out completely while paddling. On the plus side, it is an attractive boat and was stable in the slight chop I encountered. I will review again - looking forward to fishing on the ocean which is another reason I chose it.