Submitted: 03-05-2007 by Bass Smittend

This new SOT kayak from perception is definitely one you need to look at if your in the market, and need a good fishing kayak. I demoed this along with the LL Manta Ray 12, OK Prowler 13, and the WS Tarpon T120. Although it was close b/w the MR12, the Perception won out hands down due to its great Cadillac ride, tracking, secondary stability, quickness off the still start...not to mention its glide and dry ride. The other points that sold me on this kayak was the extremely large tankwell, predrilled flush mounts, large bulk storage, plenty of space for rigging, storagewell b/w the legs, velcro saddle bags on the sides, and the high ride of this kayak...you'd think that this would make the kayak tipsy, but that's not the case. It's also very stable and comfortable in sidesaddle position when fishing off of the side. The seat itself is very comfortable (like the MR12). I can't believe that perception is not advertising this kayak, but rather keeping it low key! Now the word is out, definitely give it a look see...You won't be disappointed! So that you may compare, I'm 5'7" and 155 lbs. I have no problem carrying this kayak (60lbs), and putting it on top of my car.