Submitted: 02-26-2007 by David Martin

This is my first Kayak....had some test rides in Pungo, Necky, Perception, and more. It came down to the Pungo14 and the Drigo. I setteled on the Drigo. I love the rear hatch design and the dry storage up front with the molded in drink holder . The seat is too cool also, no problems with the seat, I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs, maybe the big guys are too much for the seat?? Anyway, The yak is superior in craftsmanship and fit and finish, yes it is a little heavier, but once in the water not much of an issue. I will probably get a Pungo 12-14 for my guest boat and I may switch off too. I do like that boat too! With the Old Town, I got the "cloud" finish and love it, it is very soft and easy on the eyes. I do need to re-GOOP the rear bulkhead tho, it was loose from whatever??? The only flaw in the boat, but I see this all the time on these boats because the sealant doesn't stick well to the haul material. Some Goop will do the trick tho and the yak will be 100%. Very happy with the boat for average to extended day trips in calm to light chop waters in the back bays of SW florida...Pine Island area.....would have given it a 10 if the weight was about 5-8 lbs lighter.