Submitted: 02-23-2007 by DJ

I have a Tote 'N Boat that I use exclusively for fishing up in the UP of Michigan and far northern Wisconsin. It works far better than I expected. The boat won't sink, holds a surprising amount of gear, and you "can" fish from it...

Tracking is a pretty big problem, especially for one person. I fish with a buddy of mine and with two paddles, we tend to let one guy do the real propelling and the other keep the thing moving straight. That seems to work out pretty well.

As for the durability of the plastic, well, we paddled around in it all day long just last summer and it was only when we were taking it apart at the end of the day that we realized that there was a hole right at the bottom point of the bow. Amazingly, folded up in "boat-form" it didn't leak. After realizing that hole was there (we could see clearly through the hull) we refolded it and put it back into the water. Nope, didn't leak, didn't sink. Somehow the fold managed to keep the hole sealed up. Still put some silicone on the inside though.

It's difficult to fish from this boat only because you really can't stand up in it very well and you're sitting below the water line. We managed to fish from this little boat for about 5 hours just sitting on the bottom of the hull and keeping the boat right where we wanted it but it would have been more comfortable if we'd been sitting up a little higher.

The only other problem is that the plastic really tends to scratch up your back if your leaning into it (facing towards the middle of the boat) and there's no leg room if you're facing towards it(bow-ward).