Submitted: 02-05-2007 by DougA

I have owned this boat for 3 years. It is the second kayak I have purchased to surf waves at the Outer Banks in NC up to 6 feet. My first was the Dagger Frolic.

The boat is well put together with quality brass fittings and other components. Highly recommend a back band and thigh braces for maximum manuverability. I found it easy to use but beware of leaning too far forward just after you "catch the wave" as it will dig in and you will flip head over heels rather quickly. It has nice edges that allow for carving manuvers. The skegs are useful for big water only.

The molded footbraces should be replaced with a movable footpeg system found on the WS Tarpon when they update the design. They hurt your ankles when you attempt to brace.

It is a dedicated surf riding vehicle not really suitable for other activities like fishing or flat water paddling. Overall, it is a nice improvement over the standard sit on top and I recommend it for those ready to take the next step in surfing.