Submitted: 02-02-2007 by green1

I use this boat as a day paddler for inland lakes and slower rivers. I'm on the smaller side, 5'8" and 160# and this boat is a snug fit for me, I have good contact with the thigh braces and seat. Seat is comfortable but I'm used to backbands and this boat has a seatback. This boat has a sealed hatch in the rear only.

It moves along well for it's length, turns on a dime with the rudder up and tracks fairly well with the rudder down. For this reason it can get in and out of smaller slower moving rivers and wetlands fairly easily. I've also had it out on the lake MI shore and while it doesn't perofmr like a 17' sea kayak it is pretty seaworthy for short paddles.

I like having a poly boat for durability, having said that I think Necky could make a thicker poly similar to Vally or P&H.