Submitted: 04-12-2000 by Bob

I've had my RAMX17 for about 13 years now and its still going strong. Considering the price I paid and the use I've gotten from this boat, I've definitely gotten my money's worth. This boat is large, stable and can hold a lot of gear, its capacity in this area has earned me the reputation for being a gadget camper, as I tend to do primitive canoe camping in a very comfortable way. The only down side to this boat is also one of its strengths, the flexible hull. While this hull will bounce of rock (and houses, yup did that once) with little lasting effect, it does tend to flex in the water. As a result a lot of the effort you invest in paddling gets lost, making this boat rather slow. For my purposes this canoe has lived up to my needs very well for 12 annual 4-day canoe trips. If you need a fast boat forget this one, if you need a rugged, stable boat that can handle a lot of gear and take a lot of abuse then this boat will work for you.