Submitted: 01-24-2007 by bill68
I have found the First Need to be the best filter I have ever had. When used correctly it will turn the greenest water crystal clear and taste and odor free. It has been 100% reliable. I dont mind a little sand in my oatmeal or a damp sleeping bag but I must have perfect water and this is the only filter I will ever use . I wish the replacement elements were less costly but you can get 100 gallons from one. I use this trick to get the long life out of my filter.... First I fill a collapsible bucket from the source, then hang it on something that wont be damaged .Let it sit for half an hour as you set up camp. Then I slip a cotton infant sock ( actual sock a baby wears works great ).over the pre filter and start pumping out of the bucket and that takes care of filter clogging silt. Then fill several bottles and your set. It screws right to most water bottles so thats a plus.