Submitted: 01-24-2007 by xscot

This is my second ever kayak after upgrading from a rec yak. I was very happy with it for about a year until I really got the urge to upgrade. It is very stable and it tracks very well. A fast moving current or some wind does not phase this when you drop the rudder. I have had this out in turbulent seas on the ocean and never had a problem as long as I kept moving and stayed vigilante but you could take a moment to stop on the swells and have no problem staying afloat. I paddled approx 400 miles on this and I have never rolled a kayak so I am still pretty amateur. At this point I desire somthing a little longer, thinnner and faster. This boat has taught me a lot and I have to give it credit. I got a great deal on a used it used like brand new. Bulkheads stay pretty dry. Rear always and front lets in a little. The seat is not the most comfortable but it is not too bad. This is low maintenance and durable. I would recommend to anyone seeking a stable day tour yak. Also note I have the older model 2002 so I can't speak for the newer models refinements.