Submitted: 01-22-2007 by tvcrider

The “Sea Kayak Safety” DVD is a must for every sea kayaker’s video library. Sea kayaking coaches Sanders and Hoare provide excellent, clear instruction on various types of rescues. I found it extremely helpful that the DVD is divided into chapters. This allows the viewer to immediate access and view a particular rescue technique. You are not forced have to view the video from start to finish, but you can if you wish.

All rescues are initially demonstrated on flat water. The venue is then changed to the bit more “textured” conditions of the Anglesey Sea around North Wales, where the technique is successfully executed in the rough stuff. Now we can see where many of those BCU Five Star paddlers paddle and play! Try to find those conditions our waters in New England. This is great stuff. Total run time with extras is 90 minutes. I give it Two Thumbs Up!