Submitted: 01-22-2007 by leaf-peeper

At the time I was thinking about getting a canoe to go paddling with my kids, but went with the Twin Otter instead. Although I could car top this animal, there were times when thought getting on top of my Expedition by myself wasnít going to happen (Heavy!), not that the typical canoe would have been much lighter. We had the optional jump seat that allowed all three of us to go paddling. When placed between to other seats, I found that the tracking wasnít that great. I found tracking much improved when the jump seat was placed in front of the forward seat (which was pushed back). The person (kid) in the middle usually ended up getting a little wet from water dripping off our paddles and usually resulted in some cursing. I found that the black trim used around the cockpit opening would constantly work itself off. A tube of Aquaseal help to keep it reattached. It was a boat that back then, allowed all three of the go paddling. Now the kids are older and have their own kayaks. And, now I get to paddle my own boat too, itís so much easier than paddling for three.