Submitted: 01-17-2007 by davidsumpter

This boat joins 3 canoes and another kayak. I bought it mid summer. I had tried an Ocean Prowler 13, but found the ride to be to wet for my taste. With 250lbs in the boat some water collects in the footwell, but the seat stays dry. Using this boat on small to large rivers it is exactly what I expected - stable, can be fished out of; carves turns slowly; little effected by wind at my weight. My 160lb son "got blown all over the place." A good workout pace moves it at 3.8 mph over 6 miles on flat water. With 320lbs in the boat speed drops to 3.6 mph. Material and workmanship were good. The area in front of the seat flexes with modest pressure. Hatch covers and fitting have worked without problems. If a long enough paddle is not used fingers can drag on side handles even when they are fastened down. I can stay in the unpadded seat for 2 to 3 hours without a break. I bought this boat for the added safety of an unsinkable SOT during winter use.