Submitted: 01-17-2007 by gjm50s

In a word, this is an excellent training tool, especially for the winter. The simulation is geared to K1 or a fast surfski. Stroke development is also a benefit of the Speedstroke. I personally have more awareness of what is right or wrong with my stroke when using the erg. It has definitely carried over to my stroke on the water.

A bonus is that more time can be spent training, and not transit to and from the dock and so forth. This is a big plus for me after 4 hours of commuting every day and 10+ hours in the office. Build quality is solid, except for the seat, which I find a bit flimsy. It has not failed. In the interest of disclosure, this paddler is 6'3" and 245 lbs. The speedometer can be calibrated pretty accurately, although this may take some doing.

Again, a really well built erg, with a very positive effect on being able to maintain paddling fitness off season, and develop that elusive foward stroke.