Submitted: 01-15-2007 by cooldoctor1

Nice video, good production, likeable paddlers including director and sometimes on-camera star Justine C. Pleasant on the eyes. The video has highlights that include the Russian experience with a 650 km paddle (even meeting the Russian Army tank), and I liked meeting Malagiaq Padilla, who I have heard about often. I love the profiles of the paddlers, but would like more off water footage (I know, I am crazy for saying this) that would show the paddlers at home, what makes them tick, why they paddle---sort of the person behind the paddle, if you will. There are hints of this on the video, but not a ton of it. And for the ocean surf paddling, tension makes for great video (hence, it was fun to see the Russian tank arrest the paddlers). Maybe more of a description of what is going on and goals and objectives of each paddle on the film. The only segment that had this, to me, was the one in Russia, which was very intriguing.

I hope Justine C, who is launching This is the Sea III in March 2007, will consider some inland paddling footage for us non-ocean dwelling paddlers. Ever see a motor boat wake paddle? They can make for great video, too. A fun kayaking video, try This is the Sea I.