Submitted: 01-12-2007 by SL

I paddled a Cobra Tandem for two years and had no problems with the quality of the boat. Finish, durability of the boat is great. Very good storage compartments and the boat is easily handled out of the water. Plastic boats can take a bit of a beating.

This boat is very flexible, can be paddled tandem or solo with an easy shift of the seat latches. This boat is good for day triping around the harbor and extremely stable. Did I mention that the boat boat is also very stable.

My only gripe is the tracking, the boat tends to zig zag a bit and requires good paddling skills and some coordination between the front and back paddler to keep straight. If the boat were 2 feet longer, it would be a pretty fast sit on top.

For a plastic boat the cobra Tandem is great for beginners and leisure paddles. I used it for adventure racing, but have moved on to much faster fiberglass boats.