Submitted: 01-08-2007 by SEG

My wife and I recently purchased the Necky Manitou II. After a lot of research, and just plain searching - we found a nearby dealer who had a nice selection of kayaks. My focus was for a cross between a canoe and kayak. The Manitou II seemed to fit the bill albeit a couple draw backs that are easily overcome. Only 1 dry stoage, and the front cockpit small for a smaller person. The rear cockpit - LARGE! But for my wife and I - it is a great fit. It got initiated in a local pond but not with my wife, my 6'2", 280+ lbs son. He sat in the rear cockpit while I (5'10", 212 lbs) took the front cockpit. The Necky Manitou II performed graciously. It would especially haul butt when paddles put in full motion by a couple fellas of this size. I give it an 8 only because I have not sat in the rear cockpit - I can hardly wait. Its just a little bit crowded for a 5'10" dude in the front but easily accommodated me for our little journey. Great kayak, easy to handle. Really moves out. Stay tuned.