Submitted: 01-08-2007 by heathermsteele

I am a semi-experienced paddler (not a novice, but not an expert). I received this kayak as a Christmas gift. It's a bobber. Center of gravity is very high making the boat pretty unstable during adjustments or attempting to get at the storage compartments. They are not water tight and do not hold much. I had to buy another paddle b/c the one that came with it is terrible. I also bought a gel seat cushion b/c the seat is only hard plastic. First time out, I paddled for a little over an hour and traded kayaks with another paddler. This boat does not track for anything and makes for hard paddling in any type of current and easily gets blown around by the wind.

On the positive side, on calm glassy water, this kayak moves. I did not have a hard time keeping up with the bigger kayaks and the cockpit made getting in and out very easy. Unfortunately the positives did not out weight the negatives and I ended up returning the kayak the day after Christmas. I don't think I will be purchasing another Pelican.