Submitted: 01-08-2007 by Hellsent

I've owned my Heritage Featherlite 14 for one season and have found it to be a very nice boat. This year alone I took it out at least 60 times with a few overnight trips. I can say that the boat tracks very well with the molded skeg, has more than enough room in the cockpit (But then again I'm only 5'9"), plenty of room for storage and good standard accesories. The only complaint I have is with the seat which I think they went kind of cheap on. In comparison, the seat on my Loon 120 is vastly superior especially on long trips. The storage capacity is excellent also. On an multi-day on the Wapsipinicon River I easily packed along my Coleman camp stove and 2 propane cylinders, air mattress and pump, pillow, 3 days worth of clothing, life jacket sleeping bag, 1 pot, 1 pan, paper plates, eating utensils, an extra paddle, fishing rod, tackle box, digital camera and a small cooler. Amazingly I was still able to float in 8 inches of water and I weigh 175 lbs. The unloaded weight of the kayak is 54lbs so loading it off and onto the top of my vehicle is easy. One thing I would recommend is to purchase a Deluxe Deck Bag, spray skirt and a folding anchor. Overall a very good boat and an excellent choice for beginners.