Submitted: 12-26-2006 by kelly1369

The prodigy 100 is a new kayak out in 2007. The dealer told us it was replacing the swifty. I bought it for my wife who is a first time kayaker and a non-swimmer to boot. The boat is rated up to 275 lbs. and has the larger cockpit so there is no clautophobia. It seems to track well and doesn't appear to have much drag. My wife loves it and was able to learn how to control it very quickly. It proves to be very stable and she was able to get in and out easily. Plenty of room behind the fold down seat to store gear. At $330 it was a great deal. It has adjustable foot rests that can be adjusted on the fly. It has padding to protect your thighs and knees which is exceptional for the price. It is perfect for the first time kayaker. I give it an 8 because at 10 feet, it is a bit short to be a touring kayak and it doesn't have a storage compartment or deck rigging. Still a wonderful recreational kayak.

PFD Buyers' Guide: