Submitted: 12-26-2006 by Wavespinner
Excellent performance design and stiff hull material make this kayak a winner. I'd do only a few things differently. I'm not a fan of pop-on hatches and the forward one is too small of an opening. I also don't like day hatches because the compartment takes up more room than the intended usage. This is a little more critical in a skeg boat, where you're losing some storage aft. I would go with a more flexible backband that can easily be adjusted while in the boat. The thigh braces could be more aggressive for my taste.

Aside from those minor details, the boat is perfect. Accelerates quickly and is easy to edge and turn. It tracks pretty well without the skeg, but is dead-on with it. Sheds waves just fine. Lively enough to be interesting, but far from tippy. If you want performance without the expense and fragility of a composite boat, this is your ticket.