Submitted: 12-19-2006 by kelly1369

I like a large cockpit and need a boat that can handle a large body. The patriot is such a boat. It has the most generous cockpit this side of a sit on top kayak. I'm 6 foot, 260 lbs. and I have no problem getting in and out of the patriot. It easily handles my size and isn't tippy even though I carry my weight high. It seems to move nicely and has very little drag. I've spent 7 hours in it over the last two days and enjoyed every minute of it. It won't turn like a ducky but it will track and scoot along on the water. The rear compartment is room enough for just about anything you'd need for an overnighter and it will stay dry. The cockpit has plenty of room for additional items like a small cooler. The seat could have more padding but it is adequate. This boat will let you tour and play.