Submitted: 12-18-2006 by tdreck

I am very pleased with my Lobo. It is my first kayak purchase. Before I purchased the Lobo, I paddled about 10 hours on two different Old Towne Otter's to hopefully get an idea of how close the Lobo would feel. I really liked the Otter and hoped the Lobo would handle similar to it. I can say now that the Lobo is a better boat by far. It handles up to 275lbs and if fairly accommodating for a tall fellow. Which is a must since I'm 6'7" and 250lbs. I really enjoy the wide opening as well. The seat back is removable to allow for easy storage behind you, the straps behind the seat are very simple but effective. I enjoy the front bungee cord for holding a map or deck bag. Unfortunately, the foot pegs do me no good since my legs are too long. However, I tried the boat with and without the stryofoam in the front. I found I like the styrofoam since it provides some bracing for my feet to rest up against. The boat tracks fairly well, and I have not paddled with other boat owners yet, so I can't compare how it handles with others. I purchased my Lobo at a great price compared to list. 2007 Canoe and Kayak mag's buyers guide lists it at $479 which I feel is a decent price. Maybe a little high. Overall the boat is great, I hit some mild rapids and accidently crashed into a huge boulder that left me high centered and a little shell shocked. The entire bottom of the kayak flexed in som much it pushed my up about 5 inches. Once I freed myself from my rock podium, the boat immediately took it's original form. Very rugged body, very tough. I am incredibly happy with the boat and plan on keeping it in the family forever!! My next kayak will be a tandem sit on top. Sit on top only because I'm watching my pennies! Ohh and as far as comfort, I'm a big guy and have spent no less than 3 hours every time I'm on the boat with no aches or pains. It's not a lazy boy, it's a plastic boat!! Comfort is not an issue. Nice wide seat for you!!