Submitted: 12-15-2006 by endurance uk

9.5 nothing is perfect. I paddled a crunch poly and X-ray composite @ disvovery this past fall. They are both very nice kayaks, that rival my valley and ndk explorer in many ways.

The (x-ray) can carry more, gear, traks better and is much faster. I would highly recomend these kayaks to someone looking for a good kayak to grow with. These are not boats for true beginners, but offer unique features for paddlers, great feet leg room for larger paddlers, a nice for-deck taper that adds strengh and looks very sleek. These boats are welcome change to the UK boats which dont have the quality of finish that Point 65 boats have. These boats are also priced much better than other composite boats, you can get into a new X-ray for around $2100. I cant wait to try the 18' XP, this spring it has me thinking of 3-5 week expedition this upcoming year. The xp also looks like Rocket ship!