Submitted: 12-15-2006 by grl2704

I have been the proud owner of a carbon kevlar Impex Force 5 for several months now (the Lime green deck is cool!) and I appreciate it's responsiveness to leaned turns. An 18 ft. boat with supreme manueverability -go figure?! I paddled it in the Outter Banks of North Carolina and found it to be a seaworthy vessel which extends my abilities in open water. It is fast as well which suits my desire to put miles under the hull! It surfs well and I had no problem bringing it about and getting back in the soup. The IR seat and backband outfitting keeps me comfortable for hours at sea. I am thankful to Danny of Impex for showing me this gem of the ocean and for Lamar of Barrier Island Kayaks in N.C.for getting me into this craft! I encourage all sea paddlers in the market to give the Force a spin! Only reason it is not a ten: the layup is slightly heavy for carbon/kevlar. The quality of the layup is first rate and world class however.