Submitted: 12-14-2006 by birren
This is an addendum to my review below (dated 1-26-05). In the last two years my Royalex Wildfire has successfully navigated the Peshtigo and Wolf Rivers at Class III without dumping or even coming close, thanks to the greater secondary stability provided by the 2-inch longer thwarts. It doesn't spin like a "banana" type whitewater boat, but it's less work when used in pool-drop conditions.

I bought my friend's BlackGold Wildfire and it has replaced the Royalex model as my favorite solo boat. My wife liked it so much she put her Wenonah Sandpiper away and I was stuck using the Royalex boat. Eventually she bought a used one for herself, in the KevLight layup. She's an advanced beginner and absolutely loves the boat. So we have three Wildfires, and I won't be surprised if my wife gets a Royalex version! It's true - "Nothing moves you like a Bell."