Submitted: 12-13-2006 by lconn4

I've owned the Illusion for about 3 years now and have come to appreciate even more what its capabilities are. I fish everything from inshore flat waters to some of the roughest ocean conditions you would want to be in. At 14 feet in length, 27 inch width, and the low 60s weight range, it is a heavy yak. With that said, not many negatives about this yak. The first thing I noticed when I rented the yak, was the ease of paddling...it responded incredibly in comparison to the many other poly yaks I had paddled then as well as today in the 14 foot range. The hatches are huge, both fore and aft, the straps and other hardware top of the line. The low gunnels of this yak make for a wetter ride in the chop, but this is more than offset by the lack of winds effect on yak. Never found it necessary to put rudder on it and have even come to appreciate the extra weight of yak... I have dragged this yak over parking lot pavement, oyster bars, rocks, and tree stumps. The hull is nearly indestructable. If you're looking for something for camping out of, and like you're gear stored below, or if you want to cut your hatches out and drop a 5 gallon bucket as a tankwell for fishing... this yak is the bomb. And no I don't work for Perception...just letting you know how happy I am with my decision to buy this yak. If you can find one used, jump on it.