Submitted: 12-08-2006 by pfontova

I love this boat!! I have a Sandpiper and was looking to get a slightly bigger boat. The Vagabond is basically just a longer Sandpiper so I decided to try the new Argosy. In addition to being a foot longer than the Sandpiper, it has more rocker, tumblehome and depth. It is narrower at the gunwales but the overall width is a little wider.

I was concerned that it might be difficult to make it go straight because of the added rocker. Well that has not been a problem at all. It handles very well, moves swiftly through the water and holds a lot of gear. Although I don't like to carry a lot of stuff I could if I wanted to and it just feels roomy.

I've taken it out several times - twice on day trips and three times on overnight trips. On all trips there was some moving water but also some stretches of flatwater. It has performed perfectly so far. But I have to insert a word of caution Ė this is not for a beginner paddler. I loaned my boat to someone relatively new to paddling and she had a lot of trouble maneuvering it and keeping it straight.

Itís great on moving water. If youíll be doing mostly flatwater paddling, this is not the boat you want.