Submitted: 12-06-2006 by Mona

Wow! What a great find. I bought this tandem SOT sight-unseen, and I'm thrilled I made the decision I did. Even solo without the skeg, it paddles, tracks and turns as well as my smaller Ocean Kayak Scrambler. And it's MUCH less "tippy" as proven by my 35 lb dog who, despite attempts to make him a good boat dog, shifts his weight too much for my Scrambler. On the Gemini he's comfortable; he can sit, turnaround, lay down, etc., without ever making me nervous that we'll return to the dock WET. I love this kayak! I've used it in the Puerto Salina harbor and into the swells of the cold Pacific. I'm a novice kayaker, but I think even the experienced among you will share my fondness for the Gemini. The only things lacking on this well-planned kayak are molded-in rod holders and vertical cup holders. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this kayak to my friends.