Submitted: 12-04-2006 by franklin
Wow! I purchased a RackandRoll Kayak Trailer. It is a work of art and belongs in my house. Of course my wife won't agree so I'll leave it outside...for now. It's too pretty and too cool to use. The fit and finish is as close to perfect as anything I've ever seen and finding flaws is what I do for a living, as well as for fun. It has an independent suspension and dampened shocks with coil over springs, awesome. It probably has a more comfortable ride than my truck. It's prettier too. I have the 66 inch cross bars, which came with the trailer, on the trailer right now. I am still thinking about getting the 78 inch bars.

I have Yakima Mako saddles in the middle with Yakima Hull Raisers on the outboard sides. I can carry three boats. If I get the longer bars, four boats. It was a great idea marrying The Thule and Yakima systems to a trailer. These systems really coddle your boat and are a perfect addition to a kayak trailer. The trailer is totally foldable and even has wheels on the leading ends of the trailer in order to help you move the trailer around in the garage once folded.

This trailer has it all and is very well thought out. It is very light and is very easy to move around with it's sixteen inch aluminum wheels and wide tires. I purchased the spare tire, complete with the same "bad to the bone" wheel (not like my truck which came with a metal wheeled spare). I have also ordered the trailer extension so that I can pull my 22 ft. tandem. The trailer is a roof rack that you pull. Bringing it home from the dealer's shop, I didn't even know it was back there. It pulls that good. I am tired of lifting boats onto my tall SUV and then climbing all over the truck in order to tie them down. RackandRoll is just that. The owner, Patrice, was/is a delight to work with and made my puchase experience even better.

I guess I'll have to use my trailer but it seems like a shame to use it...I still think it belongs in the house. My kayak buddies are going to be green with envy but I know they'll smile real big when I tell them I am going by their houses to pick them up. The trailer, it's not cheap, and I think I may have cried that line to Patrice more than once, but the trailer is in a class by itself.