Submitted: 12-04-2006 by Ardy

I've had my Appalachian about 10 years and have put a couple thousand canoe tripping miles on it and many, many day trips. I can't say enough good things about this boat. It's tough as nails, rides high and dry even loaded with 2 weeks of gear, but mostly it's just a joy to paddle. Most of my river tripping miles I've paddled solo on class II,III technical rivers, and thats where this boat really excells. It surfs, side surfs, back ferrys, back eddys, side slips, it does it all with ease. Now as far as tracking? that's more up to the paddler, also it's not the fastest boat especially in a head- wind, but for getting a load of gear down river in style it's hard to beat. Also alot of fun paddled tandam, even if your bow paddler is inexperienced this boat makes it doable. I've owned probably 20 canoes in the last 20 years and this is a favorite. No way could I give it anything less than a 10, for what I use it for. Thanks Old Town !!!