Submitted: 12-01-2006 by Stan_SS
I read the reviews here first before I bought this 11 footer. I was eager to replace my Heritage (9.5) that I sold here on Paddling.net in 2 days. One review that I read here stated that there was a problem with the skeg sometimes sticking. Another review said they needed to place a piece of plastic between the skeg and boat to keep the skeg from moving left and right (make a noise at each alternate stroke). When I put the kayak in my truck bed, I looked at the skeg and noticed a black piece of plastic... hmmm I wonder if the manufacturer put it there. The plastic was loose, so I pulled it out of the housing. I took it out two days later for about an hour and could hear the skeg knock against the boat with every other stroke. It tracked better than my Heritage, however the seat wasn't adjusted and it was rather difficult to adjust once in the water. It was easier to paddle than my Heritage, but the knocking annoyed me and I didn't feel like gluing the plastic on the boat. The storage area is a welcomed feature. I took it back the next day.