Submitted: 12-01-2006 by BATBEE

Well, folks, I spent alot of time reading these reviews before we purchased our Seaward Kayaks in October. I hope this one helps. Please refer to my review of my wife's kayak in the Cosma category for generalities working with Seaward. They were Great! I purchased the Tyee on the recommendation of the folks at Seaward. After several extended day cruises, I think, no, know, it is the boat for me. I tried several of the Brit boats and some Current Designs, Neckys, and Impex. I was very attracted to the Impex Assateague (being that I am 75" and 230#). Now, I would like to preface this review stating that we purchased Prijon kayaks over a year ago (SeaYak for her, and Kodiak for me) and were quite smitten with them. We decided on the fiberglass models as a step up? I now think so, and rather dramatically I might add. We paddled an outfitters (CoastMountain Expeditions) Necky Teslas (unfortunately no longer available)on a BC trip in the spring and I can say that composite boats grabbed my attention during that trip. The Tyee is simply stable, fast, seaworthy extreme, fabulously finished and well thought out! Did I mention how beautiful they are? Well, hold on to your booties when you unwrap them! Looks aren't performance you say? Well, I can vouch that the two Seaward kayaks we purchased epitomize the near perfect union of function and beauty! Very comfortable to paddle and they will rocket across the water. Are they faster than our Prijons, I can't really tell since those boats are very fast, and well built also, but I sure like to paddle these. Folks, if you haven't considered these boats, I highly recommend that you do. I rate the Tyee a nine for now but it was tough not to call it a ten.