Submitted: 04-06-2000 by Coffee Rich

So me and the brother took our new Pungo's on their maiden voyage recently. The weather started out not too bad the the wind continued to pick up as the day went on. The Pungo from Wilderness Systems turned out to be the exact type of kayak we were looking for. It has plenty of room to store the fishing gear yet comes in a nice 12' package. It didn't matter if we were going into the wind, across, or with it, the Pungo handled flawlessly. I did have a couple of the bigger 1.5" waves come over the top but that just reinforced my confidence in the kayak as the day went on. The only downside of the kayak would be that my lower back got a little sore after about an hour in this boat. Hopefully this will be something that can be fixed with some adjustments to the seat. Buy one...You Will Love It !!!!!!

PFD Buyers' Guide: