Submitted: 11-27-2006 by BgDmSWEDE

I bought my RAM-X 17 a year ago. I had to love it, low buck! It's got scratches and a gouge or two but nothing I can see daylight through! I have fabbed a side motor mount and added a 36# thrust electric motor from my previous 18' runabout. I have also mounted 2 universal DC outlets for PDA's , Laptops, etc.... a sonar/gps fish finder, 3 rod holders (lite weight composite), and a 5W solar charging panel to extend the cruising range of the "barge". I'm considering radar and a live well for the future.

I owned a Grumman 17 (aluminum) that weighed 80# (=RAMX) 30 years ago. I like my Coleman better!!! The Grumman cost big $$$ and had no better performance features. I've made my cheap used beat-up RAM-X into a "Escalade" lake, slow stream, river or moderate bay primo explorer, fish hunter and cruiser. I am very :-) with this craft.

P.S. My wife thinks I'm a little "over the edge" on this boat ... but it's far more fun to add lil' neat junk to it than to catch up on all those "honey do's". luv it