Submitted: 11-20-2006 by tsunamichuck

Kind of hard to assign a number based on performance. I am very happy with this skin and it was about half the price of a Klepper or Longhaul skin. Wayland is a producer of folding kayaks in Poland. They are strongly based ( copies) of Klepper kayaks. My skin came with deck lines, storage pockets and hull strips. It is a cotton deck sewn to a hypalon hull. The one time I had it out it was dry. The skin is very well put together and other than having to (easily) move 2 fittings on the coaming slightly, fit the Aerius 2 frame like a glove. The sponson inflation tubes are a bit narrow and use plug instead of a valve. The sponsons hold air well but the plugs can be easiy lost. Getting the skin was a bit of a leap of faith. I had to send an international bankwire transfer ( Wayland now accepts paypal). It was supposed to be shipped directly to my home. Cost of the skin plus shipping plus customs was about $1100 almost $800 less than a Klepper skin. The shipper screwed up the order and I needed to drive to San Francisco to pick up the skin at the airport. I complained to Wayland and we worked out a deal where I got a free cart. I was actually going to Stanford that weekend so it worked out for me. ( A fellow in Australia was reimbursed the cost to ship a mis-shipped kayak to his address). I thought there would be a direct delivery and was a bit put off by Lufthansa's charging me $30 for taking an 18.5 kg box off the plane. I will add that the skin sent had more features than the one I had ordered. So if you are looking for a replacement skin for that old Aerius 2 or T9( or a wood framed folding kayak) and can drive to an international airport, The Wayland is a great choice.