Submitted: 11-10-2006 by Rachel A

I bought my Venus 11 as it was built for women. I have tried the Frenzy/Mambo and found it to be too wide (I kept hitting the paddle on the side). I have been out a few times in it now and love it! We have paddled in a slow flowing river and have had no problem with getting out of the way of larger vessels. It's great fun going over the waves, lots of 'Wees'. I especially liked it when I left my husband behind when just cruising (he was working hard in a Frenzy). I didn't give it a full 10 because of the weight (it's heavier than the Venus 10) and because the paddle keep took a chunk out of my finger. I find the rear storage good for just a jaunt up the local Cornish river. I was worried at first about it's stability, but I haven't fallen out yet and feel very secure even when the waves are side on.