Submitted: 11-09-2006 by JRD

I recently bought a Sevylor Colorado Canoe and I have a mixed review. The boat is very comfortable. But it doesn't track well and it can be a real chore to go a couple hundred yards in it. With every stroke, you go left or right twice the distance you go forward. I'm trying to rig up a skeg to help, but the company doesn't make one for this model. The customer service folks at Sevylor are very nice, which doesn't make up for the fact that they don't know squat about their products. It lists as having three directional strakes, which is true if you count one of them twice. They are of the semi-hard rubber variety and came delivered to my home badly distorted. The boat paddles well in tandem (with canoe oars) but paddles poorly solo with a kayak paddle and turns a perfect circle with a solo canoe oar. If you're planning on fishing off of this boat and buying the trolling motor then maybe this would be o.k. but otherwise I'd look for something else.

Suspenz: