Submitted: 11-06-2006 by Wavespinner
The three-ply hull yields a stiff and light boat with good durability. It's one of the nicest plastic sea kayaks I've paddled. The Capella is pleasing to the eye and performs quite well. It is easy to edge and turn. Primary stability is a tad light, but secondary is good, resulting in a lively boat. Acceleration and hull speed are very good and the bow sheds spray well.

While it is a relatively low volume kayak, the cockpit is fairly roomy, especially if you replace the factory seat padding. A medium or large paddler should be comfortable. You can adjust the foot pegs while seated without a problem.

The downsides are primarilly matters of personal preference. With an integral skeg, I'd rather have a larger stern chamber than the day hatch/compartment, especially with the lower volume boat. I'm not a fan of pop-on hatches. The seat could be lower, with less of a butt crack ridge. And, I'd prefer more aggressive thigh braces. But, given the outstanding performance, I'll still give it a high rating.