Submitted: 11-03-2006 by Easkydude

I've used my one with no problems- I secured my fully laden Capella RM166 to it and had to pull it a 1/4 mileover stony/muddy/undulating ground, then over sand(quite "sinky") and into the water before dismantling it and stowing it away and setting off. It performed brilliantly and at my campsite I had to re-attach it and pull it up a steep cobbled beach for 150 yards, again no problems. The cart does tend to move about even when fully tightened, but over that terrain and not truly,permanently attached to the hull what can you expect! Think the previous reviewer was unlucky. Being in Scotland though I think I will try and make one for the soft sandy beaches of St Andrews and the east coast- probably out of an old golf trolley as they have pretty wide wheels which will cope with sand better. The Eckla at least is stowable- if I make one with fat wheels it won't be so I guess compromises have been made between use and storage.