Submitted: 11-01-2006 by kevin

Its me again. went paddling in Keehi Lagoon today, Conditions were flat and glassy. The Scapas glide characteristics are superb. Once again, a rudder is needed. BTW I'm 5'7" 160 pounds. The boat is perfect for me. Much lighter than the Prowler 13. I have ordered the upper deck. Will keep you all posted!!! I can stand up in this boat. The so called "child seat" can be cut off to accomodate an 8" hatch (front). Thats the next project. Saving up for a Yakima rudder kit. The Scapa is turning out to be quite a nice boat. SRS 5 piece Rebel Paddle (adjustable length) on order. That way I can test different paddle lengths which work best with the Scapa. Then splurge on a perfect one piece paddle. Save the Rebel for backup. I have it mounted on my GEO Metro using Yakima "Mako" mounts. Its longer than the car!!! But it works! One more thing, the two scupper holes work great! The outer shell has a sort of scalloped shape indentation which creates a swirling action that QUICKLY spins water out of the boat (venturi?). Very happy so far!m One last note...have owned Pelican Viper, Prowler 13, and Sea Eagle Paddleski 395 (still own), but the Scapa is current favorite!