Submitted: 10-31-2006 by nelsonedward1947

I've had a 17' Ram-X, a Scanoe Ram-x and currently have two 15'Ram-x's. My 1999 Model Ram-X,- - This weekend on a 24Km river trip we hit a rock in a rapids and cut a clean hole about 2cm in diameter. This meant carrying our gear and lining the damaged craft the final 2 Km.I never carried Ducktape. I understand repair is not a recommended option, but I'll try, and if OK, I'll hide the canoe at a remote fishing spot for occasional limited use, Not in a river again. I think I'll finally upgrade to a Nova Craft Prospector, an "Old Creel" or maybe even an "Old Town." I do a lot of paddling, and I'm beginning to believe I may enjoy it more in a better craft. I have enjoyed my years in the Coleman, thank you. My first car was a New VW Beatle, loved it, but wouldn't want to drive one today.