Submitted: 10-30-2006 by Jim DeStafney

I purchased my first kayak 18 months ago; a Wilderness T-140. Within a month, and after reading comments on this review page, I purchased my first of 3 T-160i's. I now also have a Necky Elaho XL sit-in. I kayak 1-3 times a week in Pensacola Bay and the adjacent Bayous. We have formed a local Kayaking group and every opportunity I get, I try out other members boats. In my experience, the T-160i is as good as it gets in a sot. It's performance in terms of speed and tracking (no rudder) is fantastic! It has all the advantages of a sot with near sit in performance. I love my Necky Elaho, but if I could only have one kayak here in Florida, it would be the T-160i. By the way, I'm 6'2, 210lbs with size 13 feet and have had lower back surgery....this boat is the most comfortable boat I've ever paddled. I now have 2 more, one for my 5'2" 118 lb wife, and one for "guest" paddlers. To top it all off, they look great too!!! The lines are reminiscent of a nice sit in. If I could sustain 5 miles an hour in it, I'd give it a perfect 10! Apparantly, Wilderness does have some QA shortcomings. My wife's boat came with the foot peg rails installed in the wrong position, and another member of our group received his boat with no drain plug hole drilled in it. Also they tend to come with all the plastic "shavings' from the fabrication drilling still in the boat.

Cache Lake Camping Foods: