Submitted: 10-25-2006 by cbhomeseller
This boat gets a well deserved 10 and so does the company. I bought mine from Western Canoeing and Kayaking (the factory) In Abbottsford, BC on the way back from a trip to Bowron Lakes Provincial Park. I had met one of the company's employees when doing the Bowron circuit and he could not say enough good things about the product line. I also saw several Kevlar Prospectors on the circuit while I was there. I was set on this particular boat before even stopping at the factory and Marlin the owner showed me a fresh new hull in the Kevlar Duralite layup and said he could have it ready by the next day at 10 am. I picked up the canoe the next morning. These folks at the store were some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have since paddled the boat on the Colorado river and on Lake Mead and it is a fabulous boat whether solo or tandem. I paddle it Canadian style, heeled over and paddling on the right side. It turns on a dime but can straight line on a very windy Lake Mead as well. I had an accident when I first took the boat out in which my bow line got caught in my front tire when I was cartopping the boat on my Jeep Liberty. This pulled down very hard on the boat and bent both gunwales and put a kink in the kevlar. Western Canoeing and Kayaking quickly sent me 2 gunwhales and lots of rivets as well as Kevlar and fiberglass to do my repair. They tutored me over the phone as I repaired the boat and now it is as good as new. This is a fine company with a fine product and great staff. I would reccomend this company and this boat to anyone. They really understand customer service and they build a fabulous canoe.