Submitted: 10-25-2006 by cbhomeseller
This is a fabulous boat. I ordered mine in Royalite from Rutabaga.com and got it in 4 days via roadway express. I paddle it mostly solo and with camping gear and it has performed flawlessly. I paddle heeled over , Canadian Style and paddling off the right side all of the time. I have also owned the 17 ft Prospector but like the 16 ft better because it is as much fun solo as it is tandem. I am 60 and I paddled it 72 miles on the Bowron Lake Circuit in Canada. Lots of folks were amazed as I finished the circuit in 7 days. This boat did very well. I have paddled it on Lake Mead in high winds and 3 ft waves and it did just fine. I use a five gallon water bag as ballast if paddling without gear or a partner. Empty, the boat can be a handful in high winds. Use balast. I am sure this boat will be with me for many years.