Submitted: 10-24-2006 by KO

I used an Eddyline Fathom on Silver Lake and Coldwater Lake WA in October 06. Im not a slight woman, 53 over 50 years of age and I have a history of back injury and surgery. This is a 16 foot thermoplastic kayak with a skeg. It has a two phase hard chine design. The boat was light, easy to paddle fit well around my hips and the side of the boat did not get in the way of my paddling as my larger Necky Arluk IV often does. The cockpit has a good sized modified keyhole design and was easy to get in and out plus the thigh bracing fit really well. The foot braces were nice, firm, and comfortable if a bit difficult to adjust at first by hand must be my short arm reach! The seat fit well but it would be nice to have a few more up and down adjustments in the backrest and more lower back support. The skeg was necessary most of the time to keep it tracking well both into the wind and down wind. It felt like it had good initial and secondary stability not tippy, I could turn on edge easily, dig for my lunch and watch wildlife with binoculars comfortably. It had three storage compartments two large, one small with rubber hatch covers. The small hatch cover was difficult to get entirely closed. It was a fun boat and I was able to keep up with the rest of the paddlers over two days.