Submitted: 10-24-2006 by Sarah777
This is an update from my previous review. Several months into using this kayak and still loving it. Three things I see as issues however are that the Harmony Sprayskirt I have is not neoprene and it tends to collect water on top which I have to tip out but this may be corrected if I try tightening the skirt more but with the weather getting colder I think a neoprene skirt would be more waterproof and not allow this problem. Second issue is water tends to collect under the combing and this sometimes leaks inside the kayak. Not enough to be major but I notice it when the bay rough with large swells etc. Again a neoprene skirt would probably solve this problem. Third issue I have encountered is the front bottom of the seat has broken off from where it is molded to the kayak floor. I am concerned that a minimum amount of plastic remains where these two plastic pieces attached to the floor and it could spring a leak at any time so I now need to have those areas repaired with some type of kit to make sure they do not begin to leak. Having said all this there is not a day I am not greatful for my little Streak. Yesterday on St. Andrews Bay I enjoyed a cold brisk wind, lovely rough swells and a most beautiful sunset.