Submitted: 10-23-2006 by yakmatt
I have Malone J racks and they work great. I liked the company and need on more yak holder and bought the Autoloader for my Prowler 15. The first trip about 80 miles one way. Loading was easy and the morning trip went great. I said to myself they have another winner. On the way back when the wind kicked up and it’s unprintable what I was saying about the Autoloaders. The wind tipped the top of the yak away from the holder to the point it was hanging almost over the side. I pulled over re-did everything and cinched the straps down super tight and knotted them on the bars for good measure. Another 20 miles same thing; did everything the same but this time moved my kid to the front seat so if the yak tumbled off the side he wouldn’t get hit with flying glass. For the next twenty miles watched the yak with the side view mirror tilted all the way up with one eye and the road with the other. Guess what? Yep yak hanging over the side. I finally gave up and switched my kids Dolphin to the Autoloaders and my Prowler to the J rack, smooth ride home after that. The Autoloader might be good for some yaks but for a big SOT it a bust. I give it 2 out of 10.