Submitted: 10-16-2006 by Tim Rath

First let me tell you that my purchase of this boat was one of the best buying experiences I have ever had. Jim, the owner of the company, was willing to spend as much time as as I needed while making my decision. This occurred over many emails and phone conversations. He kept me informed as things developed through the entire process including construction (I opted to have a new boat built to get exactly what I wanted), and coast to coast shipping, and even sent pictures of the process itself. It was a first class customer service experience. When the boat arrived it was more beautiful than the pictures could convey. In the center of the cherry woodwork, the builders sign and number the piece - which is absolutely appropriate because it really is a work of art. When we got it on the water for the first time, we could not believe how well it handled. My wife and I were used to our last boat which was a completely flat bottom boat with a molded keel made by Old Town. We had borrowed faster, and better tracking boats made by Wenonah in the past, and were more or less expecting that the Traveler would handle more like these (which had much less initial stability.) To our surprise, it seemed to have every bit as much initial stability as the Old Town, yet maneuver, track, and glide better than the Wenonahs. We could not be happier. We have been out on the various water ways of the Puget Sound area every chance we have had all summer long and there is no doubt in our minds that we made the right choice. We will recommend this canoe to anyone who asks about it.