Submitted: 10-13-2006 by gwoughter

I purchased a Prospector 16 with the kev flex core and wooden gunwales this spring. My wife laughs at me when I say it's sexy but even she has to admit it's a beautiful boat. I've had the boat out on lakes and slow rivers and a river with some class 1 or 2 rapids. I've paddled other peoples canoes but don't have a lot of experience. This canoe by far turns faster and moves faster than any of the others I've been in. I had trouble at first always feeling like I was going to tip but after a few times on the water I grew more comfortable. I scratched and scraped the hull during my whitewater trip with my son and have repaired the boat with the gel coat from the manufacturer and it again looks sexy. It was easy to repair and I'm convinced I'll have this boat for a long time. I do want to drop the seats a couple of inches but I'm 6'4" and so is my son and the next white water trip I'd like to avoid some of the rocks. The manufacturer was frindly and helpful when I called to order the gel coat and as far as I can tell after the first year with the boat it was wonderfully crafted.