Submitted: 10-13-2006 by John O

I read the reviews here last fall before I found my new Pungo 140 on Ebay for a great price. All winter I was thinking about those who felt it needed more floatation, just in case it ever tipped, filled with water. Well, it stays at our cabin at an inland northern WI lake and I used the Pungo 140 many times and enjoyed it. It would be hard to tip over in water normally, like one would really have to try and to me, it's just not an issue. Last weekend I had it out on a windy day with fairly large waves (white caps) for an inland lake , no problems. The boat was stable, waves didn't come inside and it paddles easily into or across high winds unlike many other boats.

It handles very well in streams with sharp turns. I think it has great storage capacity for extra stuff. It's easy to fish out of. I'm glad that I have it and look forward to many more seasons.

Sealline: